- Investment DateJuly 2019
- Lead InvestorTHL
- RegionUnited States
- SectorIndustrials/ Industrial Technology
- Percent of Fair Value6.4%
- Key ThemeLong-Term Secular Growth
- Visit WebsiteAutoStore
- Secular industry growth driven by megatrends – Robotics / Automation / eCommerce / Urbanization
- Winning customer value proposition with attractive financial characteristics
- Embedded growth options through new system launches and after market services
AutoStore is an automated robotic storage and retrieval system equipment and software manufacturer for the warehouse & distribution end-market. The Company has developed proprietary software and robotics technology for collection of warehouse-stored goods, providing significant improvements in warehouse capacity and packing / picking performance.
The Company has a strong competitive position in the warehouse automation market. AutoStore’s technology (cubic) is relatively new vs. other types (shuttle / mini-load) and there is less knowledge accumulated in the market—as one of the leaders in the space, the Company has an advantage through their patents and developed know-how.
In March 2021, Softbank acquired 40% of AutoStore at a valuation of $7.7bn, describing the asset as a ‘foundational technology that enables rapid and cost-effective logistics for companies across the globe’.
Autostore completed its IPO on 20 October 2021 at 31 Norwegian Crowns per Share and is listed on the Euronext OSLO Stock Exchange under the ticker AUTO.
View All Case Studies