Our Commitment to Privacy
Types of Information Collected, How It Is Used, and Whether and Why It Is Shared
While you are in the public areas of our website, you need not supply us directly with any personal information unless you choose to register as a website user. We will, however, automatically collect information such as:
- The Internet Domain and Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you access our website
- The Internet browser you are using (e.g., Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, Firefox)
- The operating system you are using (e.g., Windows 10, Mac OS, iOS, or iPadOS, Android)
- The date and time of your visit
- If you linked to our website from another, the address of that website
- If you linked to our website from a search engine, the search engine
- The device you accessed our website from (PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android).
We consider this information to be private; it is only collected for our internal purposes, which we may use to improve our website, or to help us provide better products and services to you.
Some areas of our website are interactive. Some pages contain calculators that permit you to enter information and receive helpful results to deal with certain financial situations. For our calculators, we only use this information to calculate your financial needs. None of the information that you provide while using these tools is saved once the calculation is completed. In other locations, we invite you to register for our website or join one of our e-mailing lists. When you provide your name, address and other contact information in connection with a product or service inquiry, we may share that information with service providers that mail this information to you on our behalf.
Our website also allows for account access for some of our customers. In these cases, one or more of the following types of information is collected, in order to provide you with services in connection with your account:
- Your name
- Your mailing address
- Your phone number(s)
- Your e-mail address
- Your personal and financial information (e.g., income, net worth, marital status, etc.)
- Your social security or tax identification number
- Your chosen username and password
- Security questions, security image and security phrase
- The identifying information automatically collected from website users, as listed above.
You will be asked to provide your username and password to access your account with us. This information is not stored by Neuberger Berman but may be transmitted to our service providers that maintain customer accounts.
Whenever we share your information with service providers, we maintain agreements with these providers that contain provisions to protect the confidentiality of the information shared and mandate that it be used only for the purposes of providing the services under the particular agreement.
CookiesCookies are tiny packets of information that websites store on your computer’s hard drive so that your computer will "remember" information about your visit. They do not contain any personal information, such as passwords. Our website makes use of these cookies to enhance your experience when you visit. If you do not want our website to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer. If you turn this feature off, you will not be able to use our online account access. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to disable cookies.
Changing Your InformationRegistered website users are permitted to change their personal information by logging in to the "Customize NB.com Content" section of our website. We also allow customers to change their registered e-mail address in NB DeliverESM and our other electronic delivery services, by logging in to account access and changing their e-mail address in the appropriate account maintenance area. We require these login steps so we can have some assurance that users and customers are impacting only their own information.
Rights Under State Laws
State law may afford additional rights to you with respect to certain personal information. For example, you may have a right, following a verifiable request, to:
- access—twice in a 12-month period, free of charge—the categories and/or specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, the business purpose for collecting the personal information, and the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information, for the 12-month period prior to the request;
- delete personal information under certain circumstances.
Neuberger Berman does not discriminate against users or customers on the basis of their exercising any rights afforded them by applicable state laws, in accordance with their rights under such laws.
To request access to your personal information or request that we delete your personal information, you may contact us through any of the following methods:
- Via email at NBPrivacyOfficer@nb.com
- Via phone at 1-866-483-1046 or 1-646-497-4003
Please specify in your request the details of what personal information you would like to access or delete.
To protect your personal information, we will verify your identity using data points you have previously provided to us. Please have this information available so that we can verify your request.
You may also authorize an agent to submit a request on your behalf, so long as you provide the authorized agent written permission to request on your behalf, and your authorized agent additionally is able to verify their identity with us. Please have your authorized agent follow the instructions above to make a request.
Should you need access to this policy in an alternative format due to a disability, please contact us through the methods provided above.
We are committed to providing a safe and secure online environment. To that end, we take reasonable security precautions, including using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption whenever personal information is made available via our website. In addition, for Neuberger Berman customers who want to access their account information online, we use usernames, passwords, security questions, and device matching to secure access to your information. As part of our overall commitment to privacy, we limit access to your personal and financial data to those personnel at Neuberger Berman and our service providers who have a bona fide need for this information.
Changes to this Policy
If we make any material changes to this Policy in the future, we will provide notice of such changes on our website. For administrative changes, this notification may entail changing the effective date at the bottom of this Policy.