- Investment DateDecember 2014
- Lead InvestorNeuberger Berman
- RegionUnited States
- SectorConsumer/ E-commerce
- Percent of Fair Value2.2%
- Key ThemeLong-Term Secular Growth
- Visit WebsiteMarquee Brands
- Established platform with experienced management team
- Unique business model that allows for the acquisition of brand investment at attractive valuations
- Strong free cash flow with revenue visibility
- Potential for contractual downside protection from Guaranteed Minimum Royalties
Marquee Brands is a consumer-centric brand licensing platform that owns the Intellectual Property of well-recognised global brands, including Martha Stewart, Emeril Lagasse, Sur La Table, Motherhood Maternity, A Pea in the Pod, Dakine, Body Glove, BCBG Max Azria, BCBGeneration, Ben Sherman and Bruno Magli. The Company generates revenue through royalty payments from third-party licensor partners who manufacture and distribute the products branded under the owned Intellectual Property as well as from internally managed e-commerce DTC platforms.
Furthermore, the Company’s established platform is well positioned to capitalise on the disruption seen across the global consumer retail sector due its significant experience acquiring assets out of bankruptcy processes, debt-free balance sheet bolstered by guaranteed minimum royalties and an asset-light business model. The Company’s unique competitive advantage stems from its ability to acquire brands at attractive valuations, source best-in-class operating partners to manage operating risk, and its expertise in reimagining business models and to take advantage of e-commerce and other growth channels.
View All Case Studies