- Investment DateJuly 2019
- Lead InvestorTHL
- RegionUnited States
- Percent of Fair Value5.2%
- Key ThemeLong-Term Secular Growth
- Visit WebsiteAutoStore
- Secular industry growth driven by megatrends – Robotics / Automation / eCommerce / Urbanization
- Winning customer value proposition with attractive financial characteristics
- Embedded growth options through new system launches and after market services
AutoStore is an automated robotic storage and retrieval system equipment and software manufacturer for the warehouse & distribution end-market. The Company has developed proprietary software and robotics technology for collection of warehouse-stored goods, providing significant improvements in warehouse capacity and packing / picking performance.
The Company has a strong competitive position in the warehouse automation market. AutoStore’s technology (cubic) is relatively new vs. other types (shuttle / mini-load) and there is less knowledge accumulated in the market—as one of the leaders in the space, the Company has an advantage through their patents and developed know-how.
In March 2021, Softbank acquired 40% of AutoStore at a valuation of $7.7bn, describing the asset as a ‘foundational technology that enables rapid and cost-effective logistics for companies across the globe’.
View All Case Studies