- Investment DateApril 2017
- Lead InvestorTHL
- RegionUnited States
- SectorIndustrials/ Industrial Technology
- Percent of Fair Value3%
- Key ThemeLong-Term Secular Growth
- Visit WebsiteMaterial Handling Systems
- Rapidly growing market driven by e-commerce
- Strong market position and experience
- High visibility into future revenue via backlog and low capital intensity
- Multiple value creation levers
MHS is a leading North American provider of sortation automation systems for couriers. Its competencies include systems design & engineering, project management, equipment manufacturing, equipment installation, software & controls and research & development. MHS also has a vertically integrated equipment manufacturing business, Santa Rosa Systems ("SRS"), which provides them speed to market.
MHS was formed in 1999 as a third-party provider supporting the systems integration business of Northrop Grumman, led by the three founders who are still active with the Company today.
Since THL’s investment, MHS has made a number of strategic acquisitions to expand geographically and strengthen its capabilities.
Excludes two companies which have announced sales, but are pending closing and one undisclosed company due to confidentiality provisions.
View All Case Studies