- Investment DateNovember 2017
- Lead InvestorAEA Investors
- RegionUnited States
- SectorTechnology/ IT
- Percent of Fair Value1.9%
- Key ThemeLong-Term Secular Growth
- Visit WebsiteExcelitas
- Leading global provider of mission-critical sensing and detection solutions with a large and diverse product portfolio
- Industry tailwinds from increased penetration of photonic technologies
- Diversified end markets with low customer concentration and sticky customer relationships
- Attractive financial profile and multiple value creation levers
Excelitas designs and manufactures highly-customized, high-performance sensors, lasers and optical components and subsystems used by original equipment manufacturers across a variety of highly specified end markets, which include biomedical, scientific, safety, security, consumer products, semiconductor, industrial manufacturing, defense and aerospace. The company offers one of the broadest portfolios of technology in its sector coupled with deep application-specific engineering capabilities that together lead to significant barriers to entry. Excelitas has a global footprint consisting of 18 manufacturing facilities and R&D centers of excellence, and has approximately 7,300 employees, including 500 engineers.
Since November 2017, Excelitas has completed three strategic acquisitions to broaden the company’s technical capabilities and applications.
View All Case Studies